Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: A Thank You To The JJK Seniors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A Thank You To The JJK Seniors

    I know this season wasn't what you guys were looking for,but nothing changes the fact that you guys brought Kelly baseball back to where it belongs by winning a state championship during your careers last season. Before the season even begn,you were down 2 men,but still rallied to win LPD title #27 (no reason to hang your heads). Like others on here,I have missed my share of calls,but one I did get right was telling Matt Dotson as a freshman that before he was through at JJK he'd have a ring. Watching JJK beat a very good Essex club 14-9 and seeing the trophy hoisted once again meant the world to me,and it inspired my eldest to want to be a part of the dynasty that is J.J.Kelly baseball. That right there is priceless,and I cannot thank you gents enough for that. I wish all you guys nothing but the best in life,and have no doubt you all will be successfull (just like on the field).

    As for the Honaker Tigers: I am sincerely hoping that this is finally Tom Harding's year. You will not find a better man. He really is a class act who has dedicated his life to that program. Much like Dave Wyrick,I cannot think of anyone who deserves it more,and hope that this is the year he finally gets over the hump. If the Tigers advance to Radford and the title game,I plan on going to support them,and hope others do too. It would be something to see if they got it,and Tom's dream finally came to pass.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Thank You To The JJK Seniors

    As for the Honaker Tigers: I am sincerely hoping that this is finally Tom Harding's year. You will not find a better man. He really is a class act who has dedicated his life to that program. Much like Dave Wyrick,I cannot think of anyone who deserves it more,and hope that this is the year he finally gets over the hump.
    Tom Harding's kids are well coached, and I gained a lot of respect for that man last night. Many coaches would've thrown at the kids from Kelly, but thankfully he realized it was the coach causing the kids from Kelly to act as they did. I sincerly hope if any of the kids from JJK play at the next level they don't try the circus plays they tried last night, if so they will probably end up with a ball in their ear hole.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Thank You To The JJK Seniors

    okay someone fill us in, what happened?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Thank You To The JJK Seniors

    Ran a trick play and had a guy running down third base, nothing out of the rules. Anywhere other than high school and you'll have one put in your ear, just basic baseball. I didn't really agree with the trick play, the guy on third was probably debatable. I didn't agree with it, (at this level, mainly because as an opposing coach I wouldn't throw at a high school kid) wouldn't really have a problem with it at the college or mlb level because the players at that point know it's bushleague and you get revenge.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member basketballguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2003
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Thank You To The JJK Seniors

    what are you talking about trick play?

    only trick play that was ran was whent he runner was on second and the pitcher attempted a pick to second only to keep the ball in his glove while the second basemen and short dove.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Thank You To The JJK Seniors

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballguy View Post
    what are you talking about trick play?

    only trick play that was ran was whent he runner was on second and the pitcher attempted a pick to second only to keep the ball in his glove while the second basemen and short dove.
    Thats what I'm talking about, like I said others may not have a problem with it. I found it pretty unethical. Anybody that knows anything about baseball knows that can end up with the other team putting one in your back.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Thank You To The JJK Seniors

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballguy View Post
    what are you talking about trick play?

    only trick play that was ran was whent he runner was on second and the pitcher attempted a pick to second only to keep the ball in his glove while the second basemen and short dove.
    The way Honaker was hitting the ball last night I think you've got try anything and everything to get an advantage. The only thing that warrants hitting an opposing player would be stealing signs. I've seen that play ran a few times in college ball and it's worked on at least one occasion during regional play in the College World Series. There was no retaliation from the opposing team.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •